Here is a lovely new year tarot spread from Beth at Little Red Tarot.
At the end of an exhausting December, I’ve had a quiet day. I’ve taken tiny dog for a walk in the hills, gathering springwater for the houseplants and the altar; and now I’m cozied up at home, where I plan to watch White Christmas with a gin in memory of my old grandpa, while cutting out the pictures I’d like to keep from last year’s calendar, and possibly playing with some crochet patterns.
But before I hit the gin, it’s time for some reflection.
I’m using my favourite friendly-but-straight-talking tarot deck, the Everyday Witch. 2017 & everything I’m still striving to learn has made me painfully aware how white this deck is; I acknowledge its failings, while still turning to it for readings like these, because it speaks to me so clearly (the artist, Elisabeth Alba, seems to have been as influenced by Tamora Pierce as I was, growing up).
- Centre – where I am: Knight of Wands, 8 of Pentacles, Page of Wands
- Dusk – what is leaving: 9 of Wands, 3 of Swords
- Dawn – what is arriving: Strength, The Hermit
- Focus – where my energy should go: The Emperor, Page of Swords
- Tools – what I can use: The Chariot